Arduino Mega 2560 PWM pins.

Hi everyone in the community, I am an intermediate user with Arduino, I have a home automation project with Arduino Mega 2560 and I need more than one infrared transmitter, for remote control automation, I read that they use PWM pins that can be set by changing the IRremote library. I have 13 pins on the Mega 2560, it may solve my problem for now, but if I need more if the project grows, what do I do to have more PWM pins?

And another thing, how do I know if I can use each of the 13 pwm pins?

Thank you in advance, and would be very happy if you could find a solution, thank you.

You look at the documentation for the Arduino Mega to figure out which pins can do PWM and which can not here

If you need more, you can always add an external chip like the PCA9685 which will give you 16 more PWM channels. I believe Adafruit also sells a board like that.

blh64:
You look at the documentation for the Arduino Mega to figure out which pins can do PWM and which can not here

If you need more, you can always add an external chip like the PCA9685 which will give you 16 more PWM channels. I believe Adafruit also sells a board like that.

Hello blh64, first, thanks for answering, I saw that it is possible to use the YS-IRTM emitter / receiver module with serial communication, I believe it is better because I can use any I / O pin for this, but I am using FirmataPlus, and I saw that has how to configure serial ports, but I don't know how to use multiple serial ports, do you know how? Thank you again.

zerobgk:
but I don't know how to use multiple serial ports, do you know how? Thank you again.

The Mega 2560 has 4 serial ports which you can use. They are Serial, Serial1, Serial2 and Serial3. Look at a pinout of the board to see which ports are connected to which pins.