Arduino Mega 2560 rev3 upload problem

hi everybody, i'm newbe to Arduino, and I need some help.. I bought a Arduino Mega rev3 and I want to play with it, but i cannot upload anything! Here the error when I try to upload blink code:

Sketch uses 1.662 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 258.048 bytes. Global variables use 11 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8.181 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8.192 bytes. avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

Here some datails of my laptop: Windows 8 64bit Arduino 1.54 software Arduino mega connected trough USB (com1) I think/hope no problem with windows (I can see only Serial Port com1 connected, FTDI)

Led L is always on, no blink, never off. ON led always on (off course) NO TR/RX led activity.

When I try to press "write bootloader" I receive this error: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Thanks to everybody, hope you have all info for some troubleshooting..

Erik

Did you set the correct type of Arduino in the IDE?
Do you use USB (no FTDI) and shows Device Manager that the COM1 is Ardiuno?

device_manager.png

Hi, tnx for the reply. Of course into IDE is setted arduino MEGA and port com1.

Into HW manager I see only "Serial port COM1" no arduino/mega or something. I saw your image and I think there's someting wrong with drivers. So i tried to reinstall and now I have arduino mega on port 2, but in error 10 (the device cannot start) A device which does not exist was specified.

Any ideas?

Another thing.. If I use FTDI driver, the waning disappear, and seem to be everything ok into windows. But, no luck with IDE sw...

erikterr: Hi, tnx for the reply. Of course into IDE is setted arduino MEGA and port com1.

Into HW manager I see only "Serial port COM1" no arduino/mega or something. I saw your image and I think there's someting wrong with drivers. So i tried to reinstall and now I have arduino mega on port 2, but in error 10 (the device cannot start) A device which does not exist was specified.

Any ideas?

Try this procedure. It is about hidden and unrecognized devices (how to).

I think it's a driver problem. I uninstalled it and now i see Arduino Mega 2560 (COM9) BUT, i have a warning,

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A device which does not exist was specified.

Any info??