Arduino Mega 2560 Temperature Sensor

Hi there,
I'm new to this website and I've joined for some guidance, I'm using an Arduino Mega 2560 board to run a Data Shield and a Temperature Sensor has anyone got any wiring diagrams that could help me wiring it all together?
Thanks any help will be much much much appreciated! I've done quite a bit in electronics but never used any Arduino Products.
Rob

You need instructions on how to plug a shield in? It only fits one place. one way.

As for the temperature sensor, one end goes to one pin. The other end goes to another pin. Which pins depend on which temperature sensor you have.

Hi,

Do you know which data shield/ which sensor you're using ?

Try to see helping with electronics a bit like selling tires.
It's hard to sell you the right ones, if all we know, is that they're round.

I am making some assumptions here, but this link maybe useful Overview | Adafruit Data Logger Shield | Adafruit Learning System

Cheers

BobFen:
Arduino Mega 2560 board to run a Data Shield and a Temperature Sensor has anyone got any wiring diagrams that could help me wiring it all together?

The only wiring diagram you need is the one provided by the sensor manufacturer. All you need to do then is ensure the pin with the information on it is the pin the software expects it to be.

im using the Data Logging Shield from Arduino

The Adafruit Data logging shield is similar enough to get an overview:

If pictures are needed:

Ray

BobFen:
im using the Data Logging Shield from Arduino

Hi,

If I would be selling car-parts I now know you need a tire and you drive a blue car, but I still don't know which size tire you want..... :slight_smile:

Problem is that loads and loads of different shields exist, http://shieldlist.org/ for example has categorized 317 of 'm, but the total number may be higher as 500. Temperature sensors also come in several varieties.

It probably is easier if you include links to shield and sensor, that eliminates guessing from "our" side and in return probably results in better answers for you.

Rob, are you still there ??

sorry not been on here lately people!
Im using a Arduino Mega 2560 board and want to plug it into an Arduino Data Logger Shield with the SD Card, also want to plug an LCD 16 x 2 display into it to display the temperature readings that the sensor is encountering.
Hope this helps anyone got any sort of wiring diagrams to help me?
Thanks
Rob

BobFen:

Unfortunately, no...

Using the analogy from above, we know you have bought a car, we just don't know which one :roll_eyes:

Even where you bought it from might help ??

BobFen:
sorry not been on here lately people!
Im using a Arduino Mega 2560 board and want to plug it into an Arduino Data Logger Shield with the SD Card, also want to plug an LCD 16 x 2 display into it to display the temperature readings that the sensor is encountering.
Thanks
Rob

Rob,

I guess most people would like to help you, but do you have any idea how many temperature sensors exist ?

Mouser, a well known electronics supplier, already lists 2200 different ones.

I could give you advice about a.... temperature-sensor, but it might ruin your arduino if you follow
instructions while not having the same one. To help you with a diagram and get a functional project,
we should know which one you have.

Shields.... use pins of your arduino, but.... not all shields use the same pins.
Even when knowing which sensor you used, I should know which shield you use, to
know which arduino-pins are still free to give you advice that works / won't ruin your stuff.

Ditto for LCDs, several types, using different connections and different ways of programming exist.

It probably is possible to help you, If you know where you bought them or could post pictures / could
give us more info as what you're giving now...

hoi welke website

jmanboxhacker1:
hoi welke website

Misschien kun je wat meer details geven? Wees je ervan bewust dat je in het engelstalige gedeelte van het forum hebt gepost; de meeste mensen zullen je niet begrijpen :slight_smile:

Maybe you can provide more details? Be aware that you posted this in the english section of the forum; most people will not understand you :wink: