What does this mean:
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_setparm(): failed to set parameter 0x9e
avrdude: stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0xc8
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
avrdude: stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0x01
avrdude: stk500v2_disable(): failed to leave programming mode
I’m going to ask you to provide the full verbose output so we can get more information.
Please do this:
- (In the Arduino IDE) File > Preferences
- Uncheck the checkbox next to “Show verbose output during: compilation”
- Check the checkbox next to "Show verbose output during: upload
- Click “OK”
- Start the process you were doing when you got this error
- After the upload fails, you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages” (or the icon that looks like two pieces of paper at the top right corner of the black console window in the Arduino Web Editor). Click that button.
- In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
- Click the </> button on the forum toolbar. This will add the forum’s code tags markup to your reply.
- Press “Ctrl + V”. This will paste the upload output between the code tags.
- Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.