arduino mega and ramps connection problem

When I connect my Arduino Mega 2560 to my computer it works fine. I then plug my ramps board into the Arduino and connect it to my computer it does not connect. If I have the Device Manager open and I can see it connect for a second then it disconnects. Is my ramps board bad?

Hardware:
Arduino Mega 2560
Ass'd Shield+4pcs A4988 Pololus RAMPS RepRap Arduino Mega Pololu Shield electronics

Software:
Windows 7
Arduino 1.0.5
no firmware loaded yet

If I had to guess, I would say the ramps board is drawing too much current. make sure everything is connected properly especially the motor drivers. Do you have a good picture of your setup?

I removed all the motor drivers and it connected. I then tried each of the four motor drivers individual and found on that caused it to not connect.

I have not clue what i am doing. One day I saw a 3D printer advertisement and said I want one. Then as I researched printers I said better yet I will build a delta machine. Been buying parts now for about 3 months. Just got the electronics and hit my first major road block just trying to connect to the boards.

I then tried each of the four motor drivers individual and found on that caused it to not connect.

sounds like you found the culprit. I would take a good hard look at the problematic driver and make sure the soldering is good on it- no solder bridges or oddly angled components. You might try getting a replacement...
I'm in the same boat you are. My brother dropped off a half-built mendel prusa on my front porch because the employee he tasked it to wasn't up to the challenge. 3 months later, I am stuck because I don't have the parts numbers/list for the thermistors so I can't get the thing to heat up properly. I did find a lot of helpful information on the reprap.org wiki and also youtube but somethings (like the the software and the hot end) I had to connect the dots and figure it out for myself.