Arduino Mega Bluetooth to Windows 8.1 Tablet

I would like to setup a Bluetooth connection from my Dell Venue 8 pro tablet to my Arduino Mega 2560.

I have the bluetooth shield already: (http://www.robotshop.com/en/bluetooth-shield-arduino-master-slave.html)

I would like to be able to upload sketches and listen to my Arduino via the bluetooth serial.

I am wondering if anyone has tried this? any advice you guys could lend would be greatly appreciated.

the main question i have is how do i install the arduino.inf file? do i install it on the COM Port used by the Bluetooth Device?

That shield use HC-05 bluetooth module, so yes it's possible to upload sketch to your arduino with it, if the RX/TX of the BT module connects to TX0/RX0 of the Arduino Mega.

But there is more to do, read this carefully (especially the AT commands to use).

The last schematic will not work for the Mega (at least it didn't work for me). You don't need R1 or R3 resistors, only R2 (I used a 10K) and the 100 nF capacitor were needed.

Good luck ;)

r737lundgren: the main question i have is how do i install the arduino.inf file? do i install it on the COM Port used by the Bluetooth Device?

I have no idea what you are talking about :/

thanks for the input!

I have made a Fritzing view of the circuit that I use for wireless programming

|500x226

Ask if you have any question about it.