Arduino Mega LCD Backlight , No Text

How do I get the LCD to work with my mega? I have the register select in pin 12 and enable in 11. I have data pins 11 in 26, 12 in 28,13 in 30, and 14 in 32. I switched pins in example program but no text is showing up. Arduino mega 2560. All electrical wiring is correct because I have a back light just no text.

arduinouno111, How about the contrast pot. Reading "How to use this forum" at the top of the forum pages will give you directions on how you can help us help you. Without clear pictures of your wiring, code (Use the # above) and probably links to your hardware datasheets, or at least make/model, there isn't much anyone can do. TomJ

I have the register select in pin 12 and enable in 11.

You haven't mentioned the RW pin....

All electrical wiring is correct because I have a back light just no text.

This proves nothing about the LCD and it's wiring because the backlight is totally independent of the LCD. So your wiring to pins 15 and 16 may be correct (and may not be if you need and didn't supply a current limiting resistor).

Don

This Is My Current Setup, I have A 220ohm Resister and A 10K Trimmer.

Setup: http://sdrv.ms/14hmQHt

Thank You For Your Help.

"Without (1)clear pictures of your wiring, (2)code (Use the # above) and probably (3)links to your hardware datasheets, or at least make/model, there isn't much anyone can do."

This Is My Current Setup, I have A 220ohm Resister and A 10K Trimmer.

That's 1 out of 3.

Don

I got it to work, but the screen looks like its refreshing. With boxes with letter p inside? Lines at random sort o scanning.

I got it to work, but the screen looks like its refreshing. With boxes with letter p inside? Lines at random sort o scanning.

Translation: It is not working correctly.

Don

Does that mean lcd is bad?

“Without (1)clear pictures of your wiring, (2)code (Use the # above) and probably (3)links to your hardware datasheets, or at least make/model, there isn’t much anyone can do.”

Don