Arduino mega projects with arduino uno

Hi, I am in year 11 doing systems engineering and was given a task to make a project using the Arduino Uno So I went on instructibles and found a project that I liked but there was a problem that with the project the Arduino Mega was being used instead of the Arduino Uno, So I was wondering if I could just replace the Arduino Mega with an Arduino Uno but use the same code and connect the components to the same ports, which I checked and the same ports that were being used are also in the Arduino Uno.

Thank You

Do you think it might be easier for us to answer that question if you actually told us which instructables? Like maybe a link to the actual webpage?

And what is your project? What are you trying to do? What parts of your project are different (other than the UNO) to the instructables example?

here u go no need to be rude about it

http://www.instructables.com/id/EAL-Arduino-Hovercraft/

Nobody is rude.

And it's feasable by the looks of it. Code is small.

Sketch uses 2,532 bytes (7%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 240 bytes (11%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,808 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

To make it at least a little bit of engineering, add the steering (left, right) to it.

Would We use the same components aswel and for the turning we would use the servo??

The HC05 will be the same.

Pick your motors; the instructable has a comment regarding 'faster' motors. The driver board depends on the motors that you buy. Pay attention to the maximum power (current) that the motors will draw; the board needs to be able to handle that.

PS Maybe adding speed control (using PWM) will also be a nice touch.

an ESC??