Arduino Mega Proto Kit (A000039)

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum - I wasn't sure where to post it.

I have the arduino Mega Proto Kit (http://store.arduino.cc/ww/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=22).

It comes with:

•1 Straight single line pinhead connectors 40x1 •1 Straight single line pinhead connectors 18x2 •2 PCB Pushbutton •1 red led •1 yellow led •1 green led •5 10K Ohm Resistors 1/4W •5 220 Ohm Resistors 1/4W •5 1K Ohm Resistors 1/4W

But I can only see where to use 1 pushbutton, and 2 LED's, and 2 places for resistors.

Are there any guides to this board anywhere?

Even a circuit diagram?

Has anybody built one?

Any help is appreciated.

I dunno… It doesn’t look like that kit is for any particular project… Just a way to build your own circuit.

It says, “The MEGA Proto Shield Kit allows you to move your projects from the breadboard to an Arduino MEGA-compatible PCB.”

So once you’ve tried-out your circuit on a breadboard, you can solder-up a more-permanent version on this board. I don’t know why they’ve included the miscellaneous parts, since if you’ve built a breadboard, you probably have the parts already…

Do you have the regular Arduion Mega board (with the microprocessor, etc.)?

Normally, I use the regular Arduino board along with a breadboard for my added components, permanently, to avoid the trouble & “mess” of soldering a perfboard.

Yeah I have a Mega ADK that I use just fine with a bread board. I was building this a) for soldering practice and b) to build the finalised version of my project on.

I just expected the kit to have a specific "completed form" that they expect you to take it to before you start building. The fact it has clear space for two LEDs and two resistors but comes with 3 types of each is a little odd to me.

ChrisLong: But I can only see where to use 1 pushbutton, and 2 LED's, and 2 places for resistors.

They are there for convenience, not for a specific purpose.

ChrisLong: Even a circuit diagram?

There isn't one. This isn't a circuit. It's a free-form board for you to build your own circuit.

ChrisLong: I just expected the kit to have a specific "completed form" that they expect you to take it to before you start building.

Why would you expect that? It is a board for prototyping your circuit. Nobody could put together a generic protoboard intended only for your circuit.

ChrisLong: The fact it has clear space for two LEDs and two resistors but comes with 3 types of each is a little odd to me.

It's called "options." Again, this is a generic "kit." A variety of components are provided so that you can choose which ones you want/need in your project.

Ok thanks for the replies. I guess I'm not realy expressing my point very well, but I do understand what you are all saying.

Of the resistors supplied which are the ones that need to go in series with the LEDs?

1k if you want them dim. 220 if you want them brighter.