Arduino Mega with a 2.8" TFT Display Guidance

I have been working with a 2.8" TFT display recently for a project of mine, and with whatever I load / install / check / double check, nothing seems to work. Let me go into more detail:

I have been working on trying to create a device for a school project that displays time and date, allows the user to input an alarm at any time they want that can repeat every 1 or 2 or 3 etc hours and once the time has been reached, I want it to display a message informing the user. I have not progressed in any way, shape or form because with each code I try to upload to my Arduino Mega, I will either always end up with a white screen on my display or an uploading error or if I am lucky (Which has only ever happened once) The code will successfully be uploaded and display want I wanted it to, problem with this situation is that my display did not register the correct input. It was a calculator program I was trying to upload and it once it showed on the screen, I would try press '3' where it would register it as a '9'.

I am still very new and beginner with the whole world of arduino and I really don't want to get put off this hobby because of a few - probably - simple errors. I have tried fixing each problem by myself by looking online for possible solutions but it always seems to fault me in some way.

If anyone can lend a helping hand I would be most grateful because I am very lost and I would really appreciate some experienced guidance

What library are you using for the display? Ebay 2.8 tft tend to use ‘mcufriend’

Please read the sticky ‘How to…’ at the top of forum then post code you have at the moment.

The problem I am having now is uploading any code to the board, and this is the error code I am receiving after each compile. I am attempting to upload an example sketch using the MCUFRIEND_kbv libary.

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from sketch\graphictest_kbv.ino.cpp:1:0:

C:\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:23:20: fatal error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I would start by reloading the IDE again as it appears to have core functionality missing.

Okay, it still throws the same error.

Start with basics .

Have you downloaded , from the Arduino site, the IDE software and installed it.

Try to upload and run the blink example to your Arduino .

Does that work?

If so connect your display and run an example from its library and get that running.