Arduino Micro Code from Arduiono Uno

Hi all,

I am trying to upload my code that I used on my arduino uno to my arduino micro.

1. I am using a Kindle cable that fits in the micro USB porr on the Aruio micro. That shouldn't be a problem right?

2. I am getting this error message. How do I get it to upload?

Sketch uses 12,112 bytes (42%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.
Global variables use 611 bytes (23%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,949 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.
processing.app.debug.RunnerException
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:130)
at processing.app.debug.Compiler.upload(Compiler.java:157)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1259)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1201)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1173)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2466)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: processing.app.SerialException: Error touching serial port 'COM1'.
at processing.app.Serial.touchPort(Serial.java:91)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:119)
... 6 more
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM1; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port not found.
at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:167)
at processing.app.Serial.touchPort(Serial.java:86)
... 7 more

Thanks,
Andrew > :slight_smile:

Can't really help (no experience with micro) but COM1 is usually not an Arduino (in my experience). Have you selected the correct com port in the IDE. Is the board correctly recognized (in Windows, check the device manager).

Also see (just in case you haven't seen it yet) Getting Started with the Arduino Leonardo and Micro. Not sure if it will help.

I don’t know anything about KIndles. Is it possible to upload stuff to the Kindle using your KIndle cable? If so it should be suitable for an Arduino.

However if the Kindle cable is only for re-charging the Kindle it may not have any wires for data.

…R