Arduino Micro Mystery Device

I got myself a Micro about a month ago. Installed it on a Windows 7 computer, wrote a couple of sketches and then put it down for a few weeks.

Today I went to plug it in and upload a sketch to it when I noticed that there was a RFCOMM bluetooth device (that I don't recall ever installing) claiming all of the COM ports. So I uninstalled it. Now I have no COM ports, I have no Ports section at all in my Device Manager. The Ports section isn't even hidden. It's just not there. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the IDE 1.0.6, I've even tried uninstalling and then plugging the Arduino in to see if it would prompt me for drivers. It never reacts when I plug it into USB, but the Arduino still works as it's still running the last sketch that was uploaded to it.

I'm baffled by this. I've never seen Windows without COM ports and I am out of ideas for what to do.

Upon further examination, it appears that the USB cable I attempted to use was the culprit. It only serves to power devices and not actually make any connection to the computer.

Please disregard this post.

Weaselgrease:
It only serves to power devices and not actually make any connection to the computer.

You'd be surprised just how often that affects people.