Arduino Micro, Need 16-bit PWM capability. >>>>

I have a AMicro here that I'm trying to setup one of the PWM outputs to use a 16-bit resolution. From what I am reading, it appears that this can be done, however, what I have come across in several hours of searching hasn't turned up any good news.

I am wanting to use this with an Res/Cap circuit to create an analog voltage output, 0-~5V. 12-bit resolution would work for my application but 16-bit would match the system it is connecting into.

Also, where is the SEARCH function for this forum?? There is a search at the top right of these pages but that is a web search, not a forum-only search.

Thanks!

AshPowers:
I have a AMicro here that I'm trying to setup one of the PWM outputs to use a 16-bit resolution. From what I am reading, it appears that this can be done, however, what I have come across in several hours of searching hasn't turned up any good news.

Have you tried the "TimerOne" or "TimerThree" libraries? Or are you wanting to do this at the register level yourself?

AshPowers:
Also, where is the SEARCH function for this forum?? There is a search at the top right of these pages but that is a web search, not a forum-only search.

It is a forum only search "powered by Google". I'm not fussed either, but it should do what you want.

https://www.arduinoslovakia.eu/blog/2017/7/16-bitove-rozlisenie-pwm-pre-arduino?lang=en

arduarn:

Thanks!

Look closer at the results.