Arduino - Micro sketch uploading problem (Solved)

I can upload the sketch to the Arduino uno but not Arduino micro.

I am running the winows10, IDE 1.6.13.

I have also tried by holding the reset button and only releasing when I see the "uploading..."

At the beginning the uploading, I saw RX led was flashing a few times and a few sounds but not TX led flashing.

I was able to do the uploading back in August 2016.

I even uninstalled the version 1.6.13 and reinstall version 1.6.9.

At the beginning the uploading, I saw RX led was flashing a few times and a few sounds but not TX led flashing.

Sounds like the bootloader on your Micro is not responding. I think your next step would be to re-flash the bootloader.

Using Arduino as ISP (File->Examples->ArduinoISP) to Burn Bootloader (Arduino 1.6.x)

ISP Arduino: These instructions should work on any Arduino compatible with a six-pin ICSP header (UNO, MEGA, Leonardo, etc) and a USB connection.

Target Arduino: These instructions should work on any Arduino compatible with a six-pin ICSP header and an ATmega8, 168, 328P, or 32u4 processor.

Step 1: INSTALL ArduinoISP SKETCH
Connect the USB cable to the PC and ISP Arduino

Upload the ArduinoISP sketch to the ISP Arduino.

• File->Examples->11.ArduinoISP->ArduinoISP
  • Tools->Board->(select your ISP Arduino’s type)
  • If present: Tools->Processor->(your ISP Arduino’s processor and speed)
  • Tools->Port->(serial port for ISP Arduino)
  • File->Upload

Step 2: DISABLE AUTO-RESET ON THE ISP ARDUINO
Skip this step if the ISP Arduino has a 32u4 processor like the Leonardo or Micro. Otherwise, add a 10uF capacitor to the ISP Arduino with the positive side of the capacitor going to Reset and the negative side of the capacitor going to Ground.

Step 3: CONNECT THE ISP ARDUINO TO THE TARGET ARDUINO

ICSP Header Pinout:

1:MISO 2:VCC
3:SCK 4:MOSI
5:/RESET 6:GROUND

Wire the pins like this:

ISP
Arduino
Target
Arduino
ICSP1 ICSP1
ICSP2 ICSP2
ICSP3 ICSP3
ICSP4 ICSP4
Pin 10 ICSP5
ICSP6 ICSP6

In other words: ICSP pins 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 connect directly and the Target Arduino’s ICSP5 (/RESET) connects to digital pin 10 on the ISP Arduino.

Step 4: READY TO BURN!

Now that you have everything wired you can attempt to burn a bootloader.

Note that even if you don’t plan to use the serial bootloader (using “Upload Using Programmer” instead) you still need to go through this process once on each processor to set the hardware configuration fuses. Factory fresh chips run at 1 MHz so if your Arduino is running VERY slow someone may have skipped this step.

• Tools->Board->(select your target Arduino type)
  • If present: Tools->Processor->(your target Arduino processor and speed)
  • Tools->Port->(serial port for ISP Arduino)
  • Tools->Programmer->Arduino as ISP
  • Tools->Burn Bootloader

If all has gone well: SUCCESS!

johnwasser:
Sounds like the bootloader on your Micro is not responding. I think your next step would be to re-flash the bootloader.

Thanks for the reply.

I did it! :slight_smile:

This is what I did:

split the desktop into two parts: open the device manager on the left and open the IDE on the right.

Open the ports in the device manager and observe the port number changes after clicking the uploading.

In my case, the Arduino micro (Com8) has disappeared in the device manager after the beep. Then, I saw the Com7 is listed and in about two seconds, it quickly changed to Com8.

I then select Com7 in the IDE > Tools > Ports, even you see com8(Genuino/Arduino micro), DONOT select this port.

After clicking the uploading button, it worked!

I have not tried double press the reset button.