Arduino Micro - Win 8.1 Doesn't recognize, cant find to update driver

I've recently purchased a Arduino Micro and re-downloaded the files for my Uno board. Uno board works great, however, trying to following the "disable signature" sections, going to device manager and looking up "other devices", updating USB drivers, downloading other files from other Arduino posts..

I still can't find my Arduino Micro in my device manager to update the driver. I found my Uno, but can't find the micro. Really frustrating...what am i missing? How can i get win 8.1 to see the Micro? Tried other USB ports and cables and still nothing.

Hi, I am having the same problem but with Arduino Uno R3, did you find a solution?

I have not found a solution as of yet.

update
I've gone into device manager and manually "Add Legacy hardware" found Arduino Micro and 'activated'/'installed' it. So I can now see the device in my "Ports (COM/LPT)" section. However, I'm getting "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error message with the device connected and un-connected, diff USB cables and USB slots.

I've even used the other drivers found on arduino's webpage and nothing is letting me communicate to this Arduino Micro.

I have the same issue. It's VERY frustrating. Were you able to find a solution?