ARDUINO MINI PRO BOARD

Good morning,

I have a problem with the arduino mini pro board and I need help.

I connected the board for the first time to my computer, and when I´m loading the program (a very simple program, only appear “hello” on the serial monitor) I get an error when loading. The program does not load and the green LED is not light.

Do you know what can be the problem?

Regards

Thanks for your help

I get an error when loading

And the error is . . ?

The error is: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Now the green LED stays on all the time. The program does not load and gives me the same error :frowning:

What are you using for a USB/Serial adapter? Do you have drivers installed for it?

I´m using FTDI Basic Breakout. The drivers are installed on my computer. In the program. In the program I have chosen correctly the port and the board type.

When I´m loading the program, the TX light of the FTDI board is turned on, but in the other board (mini pro) the green light is turn on and not flashing.

When I push the reset buttom nothing happens.

Do you know what can be the problem?

Thanks

andrea_imasd:
I´m using FTDI Basic Breakout. The drivers are installed on my computer. In the program. In the program I have chosen correctly the port and the board type.

When I´m loading the program, the TX light of the FTDI board is turned on, but in the other board (mini pro) the green light is turn on and not flashing.

I had some problems myself when I first started trying to program the MINI Pro’s (5V version). I tried various USB to TTL’s, all manner of mashing the MINI Reset button and finally ended up with a CP2102 breakout and a 5 pin cable.

Although I use the CP2102, the FTDI breakout board I looked at has the same outputs so the wiring should be the same as well.

I attached a photo of the wiring.

Mel

I think that the connections will be similar to your case.

I have two boards together with this connection (first named the pins on the FTDI board and then the pins on the arduino board mini pro):

DTR->GRN
RX1->TX0
TX0->RXI
3V3->VCC
CTS->GND
GND->BLK

But I still do not know why it does not work and I can not load any program. =( =( =( =( =(

andrea_imasd:
I think that the connections will be similar to your case.

I have two boards together with this connection (first named the pins on the FTDI board and then the pins on the arduino board mini pro):

DTR->GRN
RX1->TX0
TX0->RXI
3V3->VCC
CTS->GND
GND->BLK

But I still do not know why it does not work and I can not load any program. =( =( =( =( =(

My guess would be because you've connected the wires wrong between the two boards. I suggest:

FTDI --- > MINI

DTR ---> GRN
RXI ---> TXO
TXO ---> RXI
3v3 ---> VCC (assuming your MINI is 3.3V; mine are all 5V)
CTS - NOT USED
GND ---> GND

There's a saying about doing the same thing wrong each time and expecting different results...:slight_smile:

Mel