Arduino minipro 3.3v + ir+relè

dea all,
this is the first time that I write on this forum ,but I started to read this beautiful forum from 2 years ago!
I need your help becuase I would like to build a little system to switch on and off my modem with HX1838 NEC Code Infrared Remote Control (using 2 relè 5 v).
Now I need to know if I can use 5v to charge the relè and alsoto charge the ARDUINO Pro mini?

thanks a lot
bye
massi

now I need to know if I can use 5v to charge the relè and alsoto charge the ARDUINO Pro mini?

Generally, you will use a voltage of 9V or so on the RAW input to the pro mini. The Vcc will be 5V due to the on board regulator, but this is not satisfactory to drive a relay. You will want the relay to be driven by a separate supply OR at least from the primary 9V (or greater) that is RAW. Be careful to select a relay that will close from the voltage your supply produces and ensure your supply does not go over the maximum specified for the Pork Mini RAW input. If you need a higher voltage, then you must use 2 supplies OR use another regulator IC to drop the voltage before applying it to RAW.

If you are using 5V relay, then you can supply the Ardyino at the Vcc pointvsnd also the relay. Be certain to use the reverse protection diode on there may coil. You may need some additional built capacitor at the ProMini Vcc to ground to avoid power surges/drops on the microcontroller board.

Thus should help a bit:

Ray