Arduino MKR Vidor 4000 broken after uploading sketch "Unknow USB Device"[solved]

Hi

After i have uploaded some sketch on my arduino, the UBS Device wasn’t recognized on my computer anymore.
In the Arduino IDE the correct board type and port was in the bottom right corner visible, but in the “tools” menu the menu-item “port” was disabled. Also on the device manager the usb device was marked as Unknow USB Device.
After i did some research i found a plenty of solution which says that the problem was caused/solved by a new installation of the usb drivers via the arduino installation, the usb cable was broken or the usb 3.0 can cause problems.

So i installed on a laptop, were no arduino ide was ever installed, the ide and connected the board. Unfortunately the same problem occures. So i use another cable → same problem and i can’t use usb 2.0 because my computer and laptop hasn’t any usb 2.0 only usb 3.0 and higher.

Therefore i think something with the board must be broken by my the sketch and after i looked on the board i discovered the tiny blue reset button. Unfortunately the reset also didn’t solve the problem.

So what are my next step to get my board working again?
Thanks in advance for your responses.

Technical detail:

PC & Laptop: Windows 10 Education
only USB 3.0 or above ports available
Board: Arduino MKR Vidor 4000 with MKR Connector Carrier
USB Device: i attached some pictures
IDE: i attached some pictures

Have you tried to press the reset button twice? This puts the board into boot mode and changes the values of VID and PID, so the system recognizes it as Arduino.

Not sure were you using USB device.
At least usb blaster design need double tap reset to get back programming mode.
Not sure did also usb keybord/other usb device designs need double tap resets.

Thanks Riccardo
Your solution worked for me. :slight_smile:

kasperliisback:
Hi

After i have uploaded some sketch on my arduino, the UBS Device wasn't recognized on my computer anymore.
In the Arduino IDE the correct board type and port was in the bottom right corner visible, but in the "tools" menu the menu-item "port" was disabled. Also on the device manager the usb device was marked as Unknow USB Device.
After i did some research i found a plenty of solution which says that the problem was caused/solved by a new installation of the usb drivers via the arduino installation, the usb cable was broken or the usb 3.0 can cause problems.

So i installed on a laptop, were no arduino ide was ever installed, the ide and connected the board. Unfortunately the same problem occures. So i use another cable -> same problem and i can't use usb 2.0 because my computer and laptop hasn't any usb 2.0 only usb 3.0 and higher.

Therefore i think something with the board must be broken by my the sketch and after i looked on the board i discovered the tiny blue reset button. Unfortunately the reset also didn't solve the problem.

So what are my next step to get my board working again?
Thanks in advance for your responses.

Technical detail:

PC & Laptop: Windows 10 Education
only USB 3.0 or above ports available
Board: Arduino MKR Vidor 4000 with MKR Connector Carrier
USB Device: i attached some pictures
IDE: i attached some pictures

Was solved by riccardos solution post #1.