Arduino motion simulator

Hi everyone,

I've started construction on a mainly wooden motion simulator for use with a pre-made video sequence. (Kinda like mission mars at Disney). The design is basically a giant hamster wheel. Its a cylinder with supports at each end, and it rotates vertically 360 degrees.

My question is as follows, how would I program the arduino for something like this:
At 22 seconds video shows a car going over a bump
Program arduino to activate the seat shaker at 22 seconds, and shut off after half a second.

Would it be as simple as creating a time sequence of events, and telling arduino to turn off and on certain things at precisely the right time? Or is there a better way to do this?

I'm fairly clueless as far as the programming goes, mechanically I think I'm doing ok.

Thanks for your help! If you need any more info I'm more than happy to provide it.

IMG_6110.JPG

The Arduino is very good at counting to 22, and it can give signals (0v / 5V) on an output-line for as long as you want.
It will need an input telling it exactly when the routine starts. After that it can follow will perfect precision.

Also for anyone out there savvy in physics, I'm having trouble calculating the required torque and power to rotate the simulator.

joshlawrence933:
Also for anyone out there savvy in physics, I'm having trouble calculating the required torque and power to rotate the simulator.

Measure it with a spring scale.

Paul