Arduino & Motors on Battery Power

I’m planning on getting 2 servos and a dc motor, but I’m having trouble figuring out how to power them by battery. I was thinking that I would go with Nickel-cadmium batteries since I will likely be doing deep cycling, but I can’t seem to find any in capacities over 1Ah. If I’m hoping for around 2 hours of continuous use, what would you recommenced to power them?

Also, what battery would you recommend to power the arduino board? All I’m sure of at this point is that I’d go with a 9V source.

Thanks for you help!

I’m planning on getting 2 servos and a dc motor, but I’m having trouble figuring out how to power them by battery. I was thinking that I would go with Nickel-cadmium batteries since I will likely be doing deep cycling, but I can’t seem to find any in capacities over 1Ah. If I’m hoping for around 2 hours of continuous use, what would you recommenced to power them?

NiCd is very obsolete. NiMH is cheaper, has several times the capacity for a given size/weight, and is better for the environment.

kjlowe,

Have you seen the rechargeable lithium backpacks at liquidware.com?

The highCap backpacks are rated for 2.2AH.

Or tag two MedCaps together to form 10V.

you could use gel-cells. They have a super high Ah for a lower price than LiPoly’s/LiIon’s. You can even recharge them with a solar cell.

P.S. - AVRman - You couldn’t have picked a funnier picture!

quackmaster7000,

Thanks!