Arduino Nano 33 BLE Broadcast tutorial / example

Hi All,

I have been trying to find information on how to implement a simple broadcast from one Nano 33 BLE to another. The idea would be to send gyro data from one device to another but without the need for connection (Connectable would be set to false for the device sending the data).
Does anyone know if this is possible with the ArduinoBLE library and if so could they shed some light onto how?
I have had a go using the advertise and broadcast methods but without any luck. Happy to share code if required but at this point I am just after some direction as there is very little information out there.

Thanks in advance

Lewis

For broadcast all you have is the advertisement packet. You would need to pack your data into the advertisement and then the client has to know the format and unpack it.

With the GATT the client at least has some hints what data is available, whether the data has been updated and can decide which data it wants.

Why do you want to do that?

To be honest I wasn’t sure how the broadcast would work. From what you say it is less than ideal for what I need.
In an ideal world I would have one device acting as a central and peripheral. So far I have been unable to get that to work either. Any ideas or hints?

lewisjrichardson:
In an ideal world I would have one device acting as a central and peripheral. So far I have been unable to get that to work either. Any ideas or hints?

I would try the Arduino Nano 33 IoT. The library is the same but a few things seem to work better than the Arduino Nano 33 BLE.