Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense LCD I2C Problem

Hi, I’m using a Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense and I want to connect a LC I2C Display to it.
But when I want to compile the Code I get this error:
Library LiquidCrystal_I2C claims to run on avr architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board running on mbed architecture(s).
Does anyone know how I can fix it?

Select the proper mcu in the IDE.

What does that mean? Sorry I’m new to that topic

Why not select an Arduino Nano?

So I have to use the Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense it’s for a college project

You tell “I’m using a Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense” in Your question. Why not let the IDE share that?

The IDE is connected to my board. I only get the error when I’m compiling the LiquidCrystal_I2C.h library

If You don’t want to try and consider what I suggest I can’t help You.

Well english isn’t my first language and I don’t really understand what you mean

You need to tell in the IDE which controller to compile for. They are different. Select “Tools” and the seventh line, Arduino Nano.

Ok so, I’m compiling for the correct Arduino.

The problem only occurs when I’m using the LiquidCrystal_I2C.h library

@Railroader It says that my board runs with a mbed architecture, but the library I’m using says that it needs a avr architecture

What is “it”?
You’ve got my suggestion, a simple change in the setup of the IDE. If You think arguing and continuing is the way to success, I have no more idea.

I dont want to argue I’m not sure if I understand you😅

“They are different. Select “Tools” and the seventh line, Arduino Nano.”
What exactly do I have to change in the seventh line

Welcome to the forum.

The library might simply be incompatible with the Arduino Nano 33 BLE.

Do you have a link to the library e.g. on GitHub or is it available in the IDE Library Manager?

The Arduino Nano 33 BLE uses a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M processor which is incompatible with the AVR architecture. If the library contains any assembler for instance it would not work.

There You select the kind of controller being used. To be sure, check the other lines in case of language differences.

I just used a library from the IDE.

Do you know a library which might work?

I’ll try it tomorrow it is 1:30 am in germany.:joy:

I had a look. Initially I compiled a few examples successfully for the following library.

• LiquidCrystal Built-In by Arduino, Adafruit Version 1.0.7.

So, maybe that would be an alternative.

Then I installed the following library because I noted the I2C at the end of the name.

• LiquidCrystal_I2C by Frank de … Version 1.1.2

The HelloWorld examples compiles with a couple of warnings including:

WARNING: library LiquidCrystal_I2C claims to run on avr architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on mbed architecture(s).

It is a warning and not an error. Maybe the author was just cautious or did not update the library for new boards. Can you test whether the example works?

I also noted a couple of other LiquidCrystal libraries in the Library Manager including one from Adafruit. Give them a try if the one you chose does not work.