Arduino Nano 5v pin doesn't give me 5v

Hi,

Today I decide to move my project from an Arduino Uno to a Nano, BUT I'm having problem to have a 5V as the UNO.

I have measured naked both Arduinos to compare the output 5V Pin, bot connected/powered by VUSB, and I discovered that:

[UNO] 5V PIN = 4.85V

[NANO] 5V PIN = 4.56V

Can anyone tell me why and there is a smart way to fix it?
I read about to remove a Schottky diode or so but I don't want to make any mistake, please.

PS: [NANO] If I measure the 5v from the Usb, so the VUSB, is 4.94V compare to 4.86V of UNO.
:sob:
It doesn't make any sense to me, sorry.

Depening on current going through the Schottky diode, it can drop up to 0.4V. I would not bypass the Schottky as it provides protection when you use both external 5V and USB at the same time.

Can you explain why it would matter in your setup?

Hi there,
Thanks for your reply.
First of all I was really curios ::slight_smile: and secondly since I'm working with a display connect to this 5V from the Arduino pin, the low voltage make unreadable the display due to low contrast caused form a low voltage coming.

More than that, if my project do not require to connect 5v and a USB at the same time, Do you think I could bypass the Schottky?

Thanks for your time. :slight_smile:

It should be OK.

If you don't plan on using the USB during normal use, you can also use a cell-phone charger connected to USB as an alternative.

Cool, thank you very much for your help.
A lot appreciate it. :slight_smile:
I wish you have a lovely Holiday.

WHY do you need it to be exactly 5V (It will probably NEVER be 5V)?
Your board is a controller, NOT a power supply. If you need 5V, the buy a 5V power converter, and use that as the power supply.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.