Arduino Nano + ADXL345 Frequencyrate?

Hello,
At first I want to measure vibrations up to 1 kHz so I need a measure rate that is 2 kHz or higher. The ADXL345 have a sampling rate on the datasheet by 3.2 kHz, but is the Arduino fast enough with the right programming? I started the project with a raspberry pi and a mpu6050, both are not fast enough and I heard Arduino is the better for measurments like that. So I want to measure with the arduino and save everything on the raspberry pi, but can I get a sampling rate higher than 2 kHz?.
Thanks in advance.

There are many different models of Arduino, and Arduino compatible boards. Some of them will be fast enough. Using SPI to communicate with the accelerometer, as opposed to i2c, would be a good idea.

Here's a question for you. You want to save the data on the Pi, but you also say the Pi not fast enough for this. If that's true, how will putting an Arduino between the Pi and the sensor help?

Hi thanks for the response.
I think it would help because the most time consuming thing always was the measuring for the pi. The saving used just 5% of the time. I already read that I have get to used to SPI, if I want that fast sampling. The most important thing is the sampling rate, can a arduino save faster on a usb or sd-card?

I would imagine most Arduino would be slower at saving to sd card than pi. But some faster Arduino might be as fast as pi.

You say that the pi was slow at measuring but fast at saving the data. I wonder about that. The pi is not doing the measuring, that is done by the sensor. All the pi is doing is perhaps reformatting the data before it is written to sd card. Why was that so slow?

Perhaps the code you were running on pi was Python? Python is much slower than C, when running equivalent code on the same processor. It can often be 20 or 50 times slower. Maybe the solution to your problem is to re-write your python code in C, or some critical parts of your code. This could be a much simpler and neater solution in hardware.

Pi CPU have clock speeds between 800MHz and 1.5GHz. Arduino clock speeds are between 16MHz and 120MHz or 240MHz, so the slowest pi is about 4 times faster than the fastest Arduino, if you are running the same code written in the same language.