Arduino nano ble -transfer serial monitor to mobile app

Is it possible to connect the Arduino nano ble via bluetooth in a way that the serial monitor is shown on a mobile app so that you can see all the data from the serial monitor on your smartphone?

Is it possible to connect the Arduino nano ble via bluetooth in a way that the serial monitor is shown on a mobile app so that you can see all the data from the serial monitor on your smartphone?

Yes. It should be possible to write out over bluetooth what the Arduino nano reads in from the monitor over Serial. Did you try?

What data is coming from the Serial monitor?

No I haven`t. I only saw a tutorial where someone is controlling an LED through a smartphone app which is connected to the arduino via bluetooth. But I don't know how to connect it in a way that the serial monitor is shown in an app

cattledog:
Yes. It should be possible to write out over bluetooth what the Arduino nano reads in from the monitor over Serial. Did you try?

What data is coming from the Serial monitor?

No I haven`t. I only saw a tutorial where someone is controlling an LED through a smartphone app which is connected to the arduino via bluetooth. But I don't know how to connect it in a way that the serial monitor is shown in an app. The Serial monitor is giving information about the acceleration

But I don't know how to connect it in a way that the serial monitor is shown in an app

What do you mean by the "serial monitor shown in an app"?

You can have the data sent to the serial monitor over Serial also sent to the phone app over BLE but I'm not certain that's what you want.

In my opinion BLE is quite complex to use, and its clear from you question that you do not have enough experience with it yet to do what you want.

You may find much useful study material in these tutorials.

How to Display/Plot Arduino Data on Android

https://www.forward.com.au/pfod/pfodDesigner/index.html

cattledog:
What do you mean by the "serial monitor shown in an app"?

You can have the data sent to the serial monitor over Serial also sent to the phone app over BLE but I'm not certain that's what you want.

In my opinion BLE is quite complex to use, and its clear from you question that you do not have enough experience with it yet to do what you want.

Yes, you are right, I am absolutely new to this, I am trying to make an IoT simulation with the Nano BLE Board . I am trying to achieve this by transferring the serial monitor to the smart phone

You may find much useful study material in these tutorials.

How to Display/Plot Arduino Data on Android

pfodDesignerV3

https://www.instructables.com/Arduino-NANO-33-Made-Easy-BLE-Sense-and-IoT/

I just noticed that you have another posting on the same topic
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=732583.msg4928465#msg4928465

I have an Arduino Nano Ble which has a build in IMU. I want to send the data from the IMU to an app via bluetooth. Do you know how this is done? So basically I want to have the serial plotter on my mobile phone via an app

Getting a Serial plotter in a phone app is something that the previously referenced tutorials can help you with.

Spend some time learning BLE. Spend some time with the applications designed for plotting on a phone.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.