Arduino Nano Building grounding issue

I doing a project on Capacitive Spring-based touch.

device working properly with the proper grounding. When there is the leakage in the AC line my device getting affected.

(i.e) When Neutral - Earth connection shows 118V in the AC line (leakage) my device getting affected and not working properly.

I have deployed 100 of my devices in the field and my customers not interested to solve their internal problem so I want to make my device work in all conditions.

I have already tried a USB Isolator but it didn't give me any solution.

please help me to solve this issue.

what is the reference for your "neutral" measurement? what is the neg of the meter connected to?

Did you test the USB isolator to see if it REALLY does isolate all output leads from all input leads? Bet it doesn't.

Paul

There is no absolute voltage reference. Ever. There will be a voltage difference between the reinforcement steel rods in the foundations of buildings as little as 30m apart. This is why data comm for distances more than a few meters all use balanced differential signaling. You must choose a different signaling standard. USB has almost no noise margin.

Choose a signal interface system more like RS-485 or RS-422 that has a complementary (odd mode) signal drive transmitters and differential (difference) receivers that have a large common mode (even mode) range. Choose a cable that has a screen, but make the screen mostly an AC connection using 50v ceramic capacitors, the DC connection should be 1k-10k resistance only to prevent charge build up, old connections oxidize and copper oxide is a rectifier. 3 wire DMX cable and balanced microphone cable are both 110 ohms odd mode and available at good prices and with plenum rated insulation for building using the ceiling space for air supply or return. Read the application notes for some good RS-485 chips for more detailed information about terminating reflections and other suggestions. There are also wired signaling systems that can be completely AC coupled with no DC connection, but unless you need to be unusual, RS-485 is a good choice at the low data rates an Arduino can sustain.

You have a big and probably expensive problem depending where they are deployed. You should also do environmental testing to be sure your design is sound. Also a DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis) would be a good idea.
I would suggest you take a course on basic electronics and interface. You should also study your electrical code, in the US it is the NEC (National Electric Code), Get the Arduino cookbook and read it. Also on line there are many videos etc showing the Arduino and how to do what you want. This additional information will go a long way in getting your problem solved. Once you get past this you then need to select your interface. At that point you start on the hardware design and write your software.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled “How to use this Forum”.
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile:

Sounds like a military base where their mains power, by design, is not subject to local electrical codes, and is designed to not need connection to local mains power. But, for convenience, is temporarily connected to local mains power. hey are designed to run from their own generators.

Paul

ragul_murugan:
I doing a project on Capacitive Spring-based touch.

device working properly with the proper grounding. When there is the leakage in the AC line my device getting affected.

(i.e) When Neutral - Earth connection shows 118V in the AC line (leakage) my device getting affected and not working properly.

Are you saying that the ground is not ground? What is leaking to what? This all sounds incredibly dodgy.