Arduino nano clone blink slower

Hi, i've done many things with arduino UNO, i'm currently making a bluetooth controlled lighting for my bedroom. I've done the prototyping in UNO without problem. Now as i'm about to implement the system for real, i don't want to use the UNO so i got a NANO online for cheap.

I've successfully uploaded my nano with code i've wrote before, but the serial monitor shows a garbage x and reverse question mark characters even though the baud rate is the same.

Just to make sure the nano works, i've uploaded the unmodified good ol' blink sketch. The upload was successful, but the led blink much slower than the defined 1000ms. It blinked 4 sec on, then 4 sec off.

The IDE configuration is as follow:

• Board : Arduino Nano
  • Processor : ATmega328P(Old Bootloader)
  • Programmer : i've tried AVRISP mkII and USBTinyISP, both sucessfully upload but problem persist

For the processor, the only one work for me is the one with (Old Bootloader) next to it.

Here's the picture of the nano

What could be the problem here and how to make this nano work "normal"? Thank you

P.S. After some googling, i found out that there's a posibility that the IDE compiles to wrong clockspeed. If that's the case how can i adjust it? i couldn't find any "clock" setting in the IDE.

The chip have WAVGAT AVGA328P printed on it if that helps.

WAVGAT boards tend to be the worst clones you can get.

Best use for those boards from that manufacturer seems to be the garbage bin.

Most often they do NOT use a TRUE AVR chip but some clone of a clone of a clone that often has issues with programming or use.

Having seen a lot of posts with that brand name it is one I will avoid no matter what they make.

ballscrewbob:
WAVGAT boards tend to be the worst clones you can get.

Best use for those boards from that manufacturer seems to be the garbage bin.

Most often they do NOT use a TRUE AVR chip but some clone of a clone of a clone that often has issues with programming or use.

Having seen a lot of posts with that brand name it is one I will avoid no matter what they make.

Thanks for the reply. Now i know why i got it for very cheap.

I managed to at least make it works "normal" by using library provided by wavgat. And choosing wavgat nano v3 in board section instead of arduino nano.

In case anyone got their hands on this board, here's the link for wavgat library which works for me.

Karma for the reply.
Am sure it may help others.