Arduino Nano DC Barrel power

Hi All,
I want to power up my Arduino nano with external power adapter 5V 2.1A, please guide will it work properly or will i burn it?
Thanks in advance for feedback.

The Nano does not have a DC barrel connector. If you have regulated 5V adaptor connect it to the 5V pin (not to Vin which needs at least 6V).

Steve

Oh! yes your are correct ... my fault. I had both NANO and UNO. I mixed them up. Required information on NANO. this means that i require 6V adapter for NANO. what about the amps? any idea on that please.

ghazanfaransari:
what about the amps? any idea on that please.

Seriously. Don't you know how to read the documentation?
Or must you be spoon fed?

ieee488:
Seriously. Don't you know how to read the documentation?
Or must you be spoon fed?

The Nano that i have got from my local market is a copy, not the original one. I have seen documentation, but still just wanted to ensure. Sorry If you GURUS here feel it hard to help new comes. Wount ask questions.. Well thanks again.

ghazanfaransari:
Oh! yes your are correct ... my fault. I had both NANO and UNO. I mixed them up. Required information on NANO. this means that i require 6V adapter for NANO. what about the amps? any idea on that please.

Why do you think you need a 6V adaptor when I said that your 5V adaptor can be connected to the 5V pin (on a Nano or a Uno)?

Steve