Arduino NANO Every strange error

hi guys, got this strange looking output error from ide, I am sure the nano is connected and all is fine, because with blank project it is okay, and with the same project yesterday it was okay too, but i was dumb and changed it in that project, tried to upload and this happened. It has to be something in code, but i dont know why the compilator dont mention error and just do this. Thanks for reviews

avrdude: jtagmkII_initialize(): Cannot locate “flash” and “boot” memories in description
avrdude: ERROR: address 0xc004 out of range at line 3073 of C:\Users\fanda\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_120703/CasRing3.ino.hex
avrdude: read from file ‘C:\Users\fanda\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_120703/CasRing3.ino.hex’ failed
the selected serial port avrdude: read from file ‘C:\Users\fanda\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_120703/CasRing3.ino.hex’ failed
does not exist or your board is not connected

Hey!

We're going to need more information to help you. What libraries are you using?, you'll want to post your code as well.

Are you sure the correct board/processor is selected and it's connected on the correct COM port?

yep, i’d guess the wrong target board is selected in the tools menu

0xc004? Doesnt the nano every have 48k of flash? And isnt it word addressed so 0xc000 is the end of the flash? Theres a big in the current version of the megaavr core that doesnt count the space used by const variables (not counting those declared PROGMEM) when it displays sketch size. So if const variables push sketch size over the edge, it doesnt realize until avrdude complains. Could you be running into this? (It will be fixed in next release - it was reported in my megaTinyCore, and I fixed and submitted the fix to official core, and I think I saw a merge notice go by)

So to answer you guys, first of all, I have selected right arduino, also right chip and also right COM port, i am not that silly :slight_smile: and for you DrAzzy, you might be actually right, i can have too big sketch, because of that output, obvisously, and because i am using 97% of that space in the moment

DrAzzy:
0xc004? Doesnt the nano every have 48k of flash? And isnt it word addressed so 0xc000 is the end of the flash? Theres a big in the current version of the megaavr core that doesnt count the space used by const variables (not counting those declared PROGMEM) when it displays sketch size. So if const variables push sketch size over the edge, it doesnt realize until avrdude complains. Could you be running into this? (It will be fixed in next release - it was reported in my megaTinyCore, and I fixed and submitted the fix to official core, and I think I saw a merge notice go by)

Yeah i just shrunk a little my code, tried to compile and upload, and it is because of taking too much from flash memory, thank you, they really have to fix this :smiley: