Arduino Nano not showing up in either Tools > Ports or Device Manager

Apparently my Arduino Nano decides to not show up in either Tools > Ports or anywhere in Device Manager (there's no Other Devices and the "Ports (COM & LPT)" only shows my Arduino Uno that I have plugged in). I have the CH340 driver (the board is a clone) installed and I've checked my cable with my other Arduino Nano which did show up. It has also worked before with the same cable, which I had successfully uploaded sketches to it.

I'm using Windows 10, Arduino IDE 1.8.12, and the nano is a clone I bought off of Amazon.

I'm fairly new to forum posting so sorry for any lack of information.

Go to

C:\ Program Files(x86)\ Arduino

You will find a folder named drivers. (Sorry if that is in any another folder)

And you will find many drivers there. Find all drivers named CH340 and right click on them and click on install. Wait until they install. And then try restarting the Arduino IDE and plugging in the nano board.

Hope it helps you.

.. Arnav

@ArnavPawarAA
OP said that he installed the CH340 driver. And it is very doubtful if the CH340 driver is in the Arduino directory as there is no Arduino board (to my knowledge) with that chip.

@nonamecrackers2
If your PC detects another Nano using the same cable, it's the board. One thing is to make sure that the cable is properly inserted (not half way). After that, send it back where you bought it from.

Thanks for the reply's (and sorry about my very late reply). I'm using a NRF24L01 transceiver module on my nano which requires 3.3 volts from the board, and when I disconnected it, the board was recognized by my machine again. I don't understand how this effects anything, but hopefully it should be good now.

nonamecrackers2:
Thanks for the reply's (and sorry about my very late reply). I'm using a NRF24L01 transceiver module on my nano which requires 3.3 volts from the board, and when I disconnected it, the board was recognized by my machine again. I don't understand how this effects anything, but hopefully it should be good now.

Glad to hear. Don't give up from any project. Post problems here in the forums.

..Arnav

The NRF24L01 consumes quite some bit of power to my knowledge. It might be too much for the 3.3V voltage regulator; on an official Nano, that comes from the FTDI chip, not sure about clones with CH340.