Arduino nano not showing up

so i got this arduino nano with the atmega328p and ch340 chips and I have the problem that i cant select it in the arduino IDE to program it. I also tried doing it through my arduino uno but this doesnt work either, because of this:

avrdude: Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x2341/0x49)
or this with arduino as ISP selected
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

also the cable i used to directly program it is totally fine and works to program other things
has anyone a solution? and im on MacOs High Sierra

Are trying the option 'upload using programmer' ? If you want to simply upload the the code just select port and simple press the upload button it will upload the code no need to select the 'upload using programmer' option

Volkov08:
i cant select it in the arduino IDE to program it.

Please provide a detailed description of what you mean by "i cant select it".

Volkov08:
avrdude: Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x2341/0x49)

This happens when you have the wrong thing selected from the Arduino IDE's Tools > Programmer menu. It's a bit confusing that there are a couple "Arduino as ISP" and a couple "ArduinoISP" menu items. When you're using your Uno as a programmer, you need to select Tools > Programmer > Arduino as ISP.

Volkov08:
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Did you upload the File > Examples > 11.ArduinoISP > Arduino ISP sketch to the Uno?

If it has the ch340 chip then you need to install the driver for that .
Be aware if you upload using a programmer then you will over write the boot loader .

If you want to use the uno to replace the bootloader , google will show the way.