Arduino Nano with micro usb

I didn't know where else to ask this, but is there a particular reason why all the nano devices and clones use mini usb instead of micro?

Other than DX.com, does anyone have a good source for nanos with micro usb?

I don't know if it is a good source, but here is another: Robotdyn nano 386 aliexpress

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I'll check that one out!

I'm still wondering if there is a technical reason for all the mini usb ports. Seems like an odd choice in 2017.

Takes a while to use up stock, then change over the product line for new production.

mudmin: . . . I'm still wondering if there is a technical reason for all the mini usb ports. Seems like an odd choice in 2017.

If you think that is bad, look at what is on the (official) Uno. There is one advantage, however. The larger the plug/socket, generally the more robust these are.

I think the large socket on the Uno is intentional, to make it more resistant to people ripping it off the board. With Micro/Nano, if you yank the board off the desk by the cord, no biggie.

With a full sized Uno, you'd be more likely to damage the connector, evenmoreso if it was on one of those bases with a solderless breadboard mounted on it which schools often use.

As for Nano clones' use of MiniUSB - I think that's because they all just aped the official board.

Though there is a reason for using MiniUSB over Micro - If you're going full SMD (ie, not using the connectors with through-hole connections to the frame of the connector - and who wants to add a through-hole soldering step to their process), the mini connectors are significantly harder to rip off the board.

If the reason is to go full SMD, why the choice is different on an Arduino Micro ? Doesn't really make sense

DrAzzy: If you're going full SMD (ie, not using the connectors with through-hole connections to the frame of the connector - and who wants to add a through-hole soldering step to their process), the mini connectors are significantly harder to rip off the board.

Would be if they used proper solder!