Arduino nano with TGAM EEG chip

I am trying to figure out how to code the Arduino nano to receive EEG data from the TGAM neurosky chip and flash an LED at a certain frequency only when brainwaves are in a delta or theta range. I do not want the circuit to be reliant on a computer for processing, the goal is that it works independently of one. I am not sure how to code the arduino for this purpose, or whether I need to alter the TGAM's output to specify the delta or theta range, or if arduino can do that. Any coding assistance that can be provided would be extremely helpful.
If explanations could be as detailed and simple to understand as possible, that would be ideal as I am new to coding.

I think you should start by assuming nobody here has the foggiest idea what a TGAM neurosky chip is, or what the heck it outputs. Some might know, but you shouldn't bank on that.

So provide all the detail you can, about what that all is, how it works, how it connects....

boucherb20:
I am trying to figure out how to code the Arduino nano to receive EEG data from the TGAM neurosky chip and flash an LED at a certain frequency only when brainwaves are in a delta or theta range. I do not want the circuit to be reliant on a computer for processing, the goal is that it works independently of one. I am not sure how to code the arduino for this purpose, or whether I need to alter the TGAM's output to specify the delta or theta range, or if arduino can do that. Any coding assistance that can be provided would be extremely helpful.
If explanations could be as detailed and simple to understand as possible, that would be ideal as I am new to coding.

you probably know (I hope!) more about the setting up of this chip BUT...looking at this link (https://www.engineersgarage.com/articles/understanding-neurosky-eeg-chip-detail-part-213) you could start with this simple code to see what is the output.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial SS_TGAM(10, 11); // RX, TX . connect to the TGAM RX/TX. free to change pins used to connect to NANO

void setup() {
  // Open serial communications and wait for port to open:
  Serial.begin(57600);
  while (!Serial) {
    ; // wait for serial port to connect. Needed for native USB port only
  }

// set the data rate for the SoftwareSerial port
  SS_TGAM.begin(9600);

Serial.println("READY!");

}

void loop() { // run over and over
  if (SS_TGAM.available()) {
    Serial.println(mySerial.read(), HEX);
  }

}

I expect you will see your brain wave data as 'RAW' Serial data. since we don't have a datasheet, I'm unable help with the decode.

if you figure that out you can use the result that corresponds to your requirement to turn on the LED! :slight_smile:

Good Luck!

sherzaad:
understanding-neurosky-eeg-chip-detail-part-213

Might be an idea to read parts 1-212 first :wink: