Arduino network time zone change and update new time?

Hello i was wondering if something out there that can detect which timezone you are at and display the current time of what that network is on, Is this possible? What i mean is that I'm building two sensor systems one for me in the EST time and the other would be fore Cali time which is PST. but maybe i would like to send one to a friend of mine that lives in Germany or Poland. Wondering if there is a way to detect that change and display it on a Screen of some kind?

joseph

A GPS could do it if you are outside
Or maybe it's possible to detect the language from some local website, such as Google?

Hello Lesept that is a good point. What about the network it's on somehow it routers or switches keep a local time right? Just wondering.

How would i be able to get time and date from google? Is that even possible?

josephchrzempiec:
Hello i was wondering if something out there that can detect which timezone you are at and display the current time of what that network is on, Is this possible? What i mean is that I'm building two sensor systems one for me in the EST time and the other would be fore Cali time which is PST. but maybe i would like to send one to a friend of mine that lives in Germany or Poland. Wondering if there is a way to detect that change and display it on a Screen of some kind?

Why not just give them an option to select their timezone? Or just set it up for their particular timezone before you send it to them.

You could just put in a DS3231 or something similar, and maybe have a menu option for setting the time.
The user interface to set the time can be made almost ridiculously simple. See: Two-button clock - Exhibition / Gallery - Arduino Forum

Hello odometer you are correct. That does make a lot of sense and i have been thinking about that. I was also thinking about maybe having a web server page that in there can select the time or input it and save it. That seems to be a little more reasonable to do maybe. I do have a DS3231 i can sue for this.

So I'm wondering if maybe putting in a Web server page for the time and date. I'm not adding no LCD or displays and everything is over the network anyhow. So it only makes sense to maybe input the time and date this way.