Arduino not communicating with Sanguino board - probable Java problem

Hi All
I am having difficulties connecting my sanguino board (ATMega 644P chip - yes, 3D printer - AIR2(Small)) To Arduino software.

Windows 7 (64 bit) SP1
COM 13, Baudrate and all correct in both windows device manager (COM config) and in Arduino - all settings match.
Latest FDTI driver installed. (And reinstalled as per instructions of the community and the advice from Mr. Google.)
USB cable changed, no effect

I keep getting Java errors in Arduino. Simply put, Arduino 1.5.2 'blocks' on uploading and gives me following error message:

Binary sketch size: 51.008 bytes (of a 63.488 byte maximum) - 80% used
processing.app.debug.RunnerException
at processing.app.debug.BasicUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(BasicUploader.java:126)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1649)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1608)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1580)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2408)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

This is the message that I get when trying to upload basically anything.

If I try it in Arduino 0018 (advised by vendor of device) I get the following Windows error message when trying to upload anything:

Java Virtual Machine Launcher
Could not find the main class: processing.app.base. Program will exit.

I have the latest version of Java (Java SE 7 u 21)

Additional important info - the printer used to work before on another computer. I bought it second hand, and it worked there. I just loaded it up, brought it home and have been scolding it since a week because it doesn't want to work. The fact that it did work points out to me that the bootloader and firmware are correctly loaded, allthough the firmware upload gave above problem.

I called the maker of the printer - he also didn't know, but asks me to send the board in. Since i know it used to work just 10 days ago from another computer - i'm looking to exhaust all possibilities on a software level.

Yes - I also installed on another computer but don't get it to work there - dotnet problems there... (old XP)

Any advice from the combined intelligence here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

1.5.2 is only intended for the Due.

What about 1.0.4?

Hi
I downloaded it, will install, and sanguino to it, and test this evening.
Assuming this version gives the same problem - what else might cause this?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

I don’t think so. Where did you get that from? I have an Uno and a Mega and 1.5 works with them…

Dennisdemosselman:
Hi
I downloaded it, will install, and sanguino to it, and test this evening.
Assuming this version gives the same problem - what else might cause this?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

There are some fixes stated here: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=139671.105

(Googled “processing.app.debug.BasicUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(BasicUploader.java:126)”)

Hi All

Arduino 1.0.4 gives me the following error message (after trying to send a void script)

In file included from C:\Users\dmo\Desktop\Air2\arduino-1.0.4 - Copy\hardware\Sanguino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:213,
from sketch_may07a.ino:1:
C:\Users\dmo\Desktop\Air2\arduino-1.0.4 - Copy\hardware\Sanguino\cores\arduino/pins_arduino.h:42: error: conflicting declaration ‘const uint8_t port_to_mode_PGM
C:\Users\dmo\Desktop\Air2\arduino-1.0.4 - Copy\hardware\Sanguino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:127: error: ‘port_to_mode_PGM’ has a previous declaration as ‘const uint16_t port_to_mode_PGM
C:\Users\dmo\Desktop\Air2\arduino-1.0.4 - Copy\hardware\Sanguino\cores\arduino/pins_arduino.h:43: error: conflicting declaration ‘const uint8_t port_to_input_PGM
C:\Users\dmo\Desktop\Air2\arduino-1.0.4 - Copy\hardware\Sanguino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:128: error: ‘port_to_input_PGM’ has a previous declaration as ‘const uint16_t port_to_input_PGM
C:\Users\dmo\Desktop\Air2\arduino-1.0.4 - Copy\hardware\Sanguino\cores\arduino/pins_arduino.h:44: error: conflicting declaration ‘const uint8_t port_to_output_PGM
C:\Users\dmo\Desktop\Air2\arduino-1.0.4 - Copy\hardware\Sanguino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:129: error: ‘port_to_output_PGM’ has a previous declaration as ‘const uint16_t port_to_output_PGM

So not really in luch there…

Will try the fixes in #3 now - and hope for the best :wink:

Thanks in advance,
Grtz,
Dennis

Hi all
Fixes in #3 i think might not apply - this topic here is wrong PIN settings etc.
Here, I’m assuming my mainboard is working fine and assembled fine - it worked with the previous owner…

Will try to connect it to one of my virtual environments - see if this works… (Will try a Win 2003 R2)

Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Dennis

Hi all
Another computer (a 10 year old, dusty unused centrino core laptop) manages to connect to Arduino.
So now, i'm at least sure that the problem isn't wit hthe board, but somewhere in my computer blocking Arduino from functioning.

Host-Repetier as well, btw. Also not working.

I uploaded the firmware with the old one, and continue finding out where the problem with my laptop lies...

Grtz,
Dennis

I'm having the same problem - although Sanguino 644 works fine with V0021. Uno & Mega work fine with V1.0.4.
Sanguino not on Boards list on V1.5.2 - have copied Sanguino folder into Hardware folder, same as on previous versions Any suggestions?

codlink:

[quote author=James C4S link=topic=165098.msg1232001#msg1232001 date=1367934856]
1.5.2 is only intended for the Due.

I don’t think so. Where did you get that from? I have an Uno and a Mega and 1.5 works with them…
[/quote]
Common sense and following the developer mailing list. The focus on the 1.5 branch is getting the Due working. Other boards work fine, but it isn’t a focus right now.