arduino not detecting after updating OS

hi Guys!
My system recently crashed due to which i had to reload my OS.
Though my OS is working fine now unfortunately it no longer detects my arduino plugged into the USB port.
I have tried various remedies including going to device manager and punching in the path of the driver provided in the Arduino IDE but to no avail.
The path i provided is as follows:
C://Programfiles(x86)/Arduino/Drivers/
the error i am getting is as follows:
"Windows is unable to install your USB2.0-Serial
Windows could not find drivers for your device"

Please help
Cheers,
Marrc

What happens if you use that USB port for another USB device (say a smartphone) ? Does it then appear to work ?
Which Arduino / clone ? If it uses say a CH340 USBTTL chip, you may need to find the driver yourself.

6v6gt:
What happens if you use that USB port for another USB device (say a smartphone) ? Does it then appear to work ?
Which Arduino / clone ? If it uses say a CH340 USBTTL chip, you may need to find the driver yourself.

i dont think u follow...the issue is only with arduino ...my keyboard,mouse, wifi module etc are all connected via usb and running fine. only "port" is greyed out in arduino IDE.

i dont think u follow

“I don’t think you follow” ← Notice this is English, not ‘TXT speek’, think : English may not be the first language of the reader.
We do, but you were not specific enough.

What happens when you download and install the CH340 Driver?

missdrew:
“I don’t think you follow” ← Notice this is English, not ‘TXT speek’, think : English may not be the first language of the reader.
We do, but you were not specific enough.

What happens when you download and install the CH340 Driver?

point taken missdrew…and thank you so much…it worked!!!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.