Arduino not getting analog Input with Motor Shield

Hey Guys,

so I wanted to build a simple temperature controlled with the Motor Shield Rev3.

My problem is, Im not getting any signal with the Motor Shield connected with a NTC and I get wrong signals when a potentiometer is connected.

Without the Shield the analog values are fine with the same code.

Iam using:
Eleego Uno
original Arduino Motor Shield Rev 3

Have a good evening all!

I bet its your code (That you have not posted) OR your wiring that you do not show!

Did you try without the motorshield?

The code is just a simple testing code:

<
void setup() {

Serial.begin(115200);

}

void loop() {

int a = analogRead(A0);
Serial.println(a);

}

The Arduino Motor Shield Rev3 uses analogue inputs A0 and A1 to monitor each of the two motor currents (using a current sensing resistor and op-amp circuit for each channel).

See the Arduino Motor Shield Documentation page for more information.

Motors Connection

Brushed DC motor. You can drive two Brushed DC motors by connecting the two wires of each one in the (+) and (-) screw terminals for each channel A and B. In this way you can control its direction by setting HIGH or LOW the DIR A and DIR B pins, you can control the speed by varying the PWM A and PWM B duty cycle values. The Brake A and Brake B pins, if set HIGH, will effectively brake the DC motors rather than let them slow down by cutting the power. You can measure the current going through the DC motor by reading the SNS0 and SNS1 pins. On each channel will be a voltage proportional to the measured current, which can be read as a normal analog input, through the function analogRead() on the analog input A0 and A1. For your convenience it is calibrated to be 3.3V when the channel is delivering its maximum possible current, that is 2A.

There are two tracks that can be cut to disable the current sensing, but it is probably easier just to use a different analogue input for your temperature sensor.

Thanks, I completely forgot about that!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.