arduino not responding

i am making a project where i can control servos with potentiometers. I was successful in this project but i craved more. I added another potentiometer with the same code but different names. I went to plug in my other servo and everything just stopped working and the servos got hot as heck along with the wires. The program works fine without the other servo plugged in but nothing works when it is hooked up. Any idea what might be going on here? I am working with the arduino Mega 2560.

SOLVED*********

imcomin4u:
Any idea what might be going on here? I am working with the arduino Mega 2560.

Bloody hard to tell without seeing the setup and the code.

How do you power the servos.
I hope not through the Arduino.
Leo..

the servos are powered through a breadboard. The breadboard is connected through the arduino, which i assume now, is a bad thing. I will try something else to power them. Also, the code is correct, nothing wrong with it.

Wawa:
Bloody hard to tell without seeing the setup and the code.

How do you power the servos.
I hope not through the Arduino.
Leo..

I try to plug in a secondary power supply to the breadboard but the power goes out as soon as i plug in a second servo........ what can i do to fix this?

The trite answer would be, "use a bigger power supply", but I'm afraid that might be bad advice if you have some other problems. Please post a complete wiring diagram or schematic, so we can see how you have things connected.