Arduino Opla project compilation errors on Web editor

Hi all,
Hoping someone can help? I just got the new Opla IoT kit and I’m working on the Solar System Tracker and I receive a bunch of compilation errors from the web editor, mostly related to Adafruit ST77xx. I attached the errors and code because of message character limitation. I’m baffled, especially since this happens on the web editor.

I have updated all of the Adafruit_GFX libraries on my system even though they don’t effect the web editor.

I appreciate any help!

Solar System Tracker errors.txt (8.3 KB)

Solar System Tracker code.txt (4.8 KB)

From @ptruini's Solar System Tracker errors.txt:

Using library Adafruit_GFX at version 1.2.9 in folder: /tmp/932701104/custom/Adafruit_GFX

This is the problem. You have an extremely outdated version of the "Adafruit GFX" library installed in your Arduino Web Editor "Custom" libraries. The libraries in that location take priority over the up to date ones that are pre-installed in the Arduino Web Editor. The outdated Adafruit GFX library version is not compatible with the modern version of the "Adafruit ST7735 and ST7789 Library" that is being used, thus the error.

The solution is to remove the outdated "Adafruit GFX" library from your custom libraries:

• From the menu on the left side of the Arduino Web Editor window, click "Libraries".
  • Click the "Custom" tab.
  • From the list of custom libraries, hover the mouse over "Adafruit GFX Library".
  • Click the downward pointing triangle icon.
  • If this is a modified library (as opposed to just the standard library from Adafruit that will always be available if you need it) and you don't have a backup of it, click "Download Library" and save the download somewhere safe and then repeat the above instructions to get back to this menu.
  • Click "Delete Library".

After that, you should be able to use the "SOLAR SYSTEM TRACKER" sketch. Enjoy your Opla!

Thank you soooo much! That worked perfectly! I've been banging my head trying to figure this out. You are a blessing! Have a great day! Paul

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear it's working now. Enjoy! Per