Arduino or clone using Atmega chip with 2.4GHz wireless?

Atmel makes various chips http://www.atmel.com/products/microcontrollers/wireless/single-chip_solutions.aspx that include 2.4GHz wireless transceivers.

I haven't been able to find any examples of Arduino related boards that use any of these and I'm wondering if forum members may have come across something I have missed.

I have come across a board called a Moteino which uses 533MHz wireless but I think I would prefer 2.4Ghz.

...R

Very interesting, I had not seen those mentioned before. They are a tiny surface-mount parts, so difficult for prototyping, but there are Arduino bootloaders for both 1284 and 644 chips, so it should be possible to develop libraries to use the RF portion. Transmit power appears to be only about 2 mW, so they'd only be good for short-range use, maybe 15m or so.

Of real interest is, they show use of a 16-Mhz crystal with Vcc = 3.6V, which many people think is a big no-no for other ATmega chips - ie, too high a frequency.

I found these Atmel chips after being prompted to look for them by the existence of similar radio enabled chips by Cypress - eg CYRF69103. The Cypress chips are used in some tiny 10mmx10mm radio control receivers that I have bought and it occurred to me it would be nice to have that capability within the Arduino framework.

I don't have the ability to design or make products with surface-mount chips.

...R

I've seen xbee shields for arduinos, but what you are IMHO looking for, is a arduinoboard with inbuild transciever?

I have come across a board called a Moteino which uses 533MHz wireless but I think I would prefer 2.4Ghz.

Further comment - to me, it's barely worth using low TX-power devices at 2.4 Ghz, since that band is so horrendously overloaded already. Eg, in my condo, I can pick up 30 other wifi routers. There are also other cheap low-power 2.4 Ghz devices that are already popular with Arduiners, eg nRF2401+, plus XBee modules at greater cost.