Arduino or Make Controller Kit

I am trying to decide which to (learn) to use, The Arduino or The Make Controller Kit.

I am going to have 10 days to sit down and really get down and dirty with a new project. I am very much an autodidact type of person. I have in to build a mind a multi-touch musical instrument.

I am an artist. I am have above average Actionscript 2.0 (working on 3.0) programming skills. I will be using flash to control the multi-touch device.

At the moment, do to ease of use the Make Controller looks like the best bet, but it is $100. On the other hand The Aurduino
seems to have way more how-tos and tutorials.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

dylan

I am trying to decide which to (learn) to use, The Arduino or The Make Controller Kit.

I have seen but not actually used a Make Controller.

At the moment, do to ease of use the Make Controller looks like the best bet, but it is $100. On the other hand The Aurduino seems to have way more how-tos and tutorials.

A couple of thoughts:

• My impression is the Arduino has a much more active community.- The Make controller is a lot more capable but the extra functionality may be unnecessary complexity for your purposes.- The Make controller allows access to some of its functionality by OSC which may simplify development for you.- I suspect the smaller financial investment in an Arduino board will pay off even if you decide to move to the Make Controller eventually.- More idea of what you're wanting to achieve would help with providing more useful answers. :-)My two cents...

--Phil.