Arduino Orginal Source Files Missing?

I am a newbie to Arduino and I am trying to follow along with the Arduino Dash Board Tutorials.

In Module 3 Basics Unit 2 the Blink example is when I first encounter the source code change.

It has been changed three times already since the orginal code was first created.

I would like to use the orginal source code examples.

Is there anyway I can get all the originals source code examples that corrisponde to the viedos in the learning section?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Which version of the Arduino IDE are they using in the videos? You should be able to see the version number at the top of the IDE window.

You can look at the history of files in github, but I'm not sure it will go back before things were moved from Google Code.
History for build/shared/examples/01.Basics/Blink - arduino/Arduino · GitHub only seems to go back to 2012.

If you have a known IDE version, you can still download that version of the IDE, and that will include older example source code as well.
Goes back to 0013: Arduino - OldSoftwareReleases

westfw:
You can look at the history of files in github, but I'm not sure it will go back before things were moved from Google Code.

The full history is on GitHub

westfw:
History for build/shared/examples/01.Basics/Blink - arduino/Arduino · GitHub only seems to go back to 2012.

That's only because they renamed the folder from 1.Basics to 01.Basics at that time. Unfortunately moving a file breaks the history.

Here's the examples at the 0002 release:

Seems like ancient history but really not so long ago. Arduino sure has progressed quickly!

https://programmingelectronics.com/module-3/06-blink-an-led-2/

Version 1.0.5

I'm on PC platform 32bit Download the latest windows ARDUINO 1.8.0.

The source files for examples are included in the download?

Not to excited now that I already have different videos with different source to follow! Pretty scary!!!

P.S. As if I know what GIT is already. Will soon enough I guess.

GOT IT! Way older version and OLDER Training videos! Wow.. Tech team no longer supports them.

THANKS ALL :slight_smile:

The source files for examples are included in the download?

Yes. There's even a special Menu item to load the example projects into the IDE editor (File/Examples/...)

Way older version and OLDER Training videos! [1.0.5 vs 1.8.0] Wow..

It's not quite as bad as it sounds. After 1.0.5, there was 1.0.6 with very minor changes, 1.5.x which was a beta release that added the ARM-based Arduinos (Due), and 1.6.x that did ... quite a bit in terms of being able to support multiple platforms. 1.7.x was from a different vendor, and then came 1.8.0, where we are now. And the examples don't always change; the switch from "int led = 13;" to using LED_BUILTIN was done in the 1.6 timeframe, to accommodate those extra boards.

Tech team no longer supports them.

Which "tech team" are you talking about? AFAIK, the people at "programming electronics" are not officially associated with the "Arduino" team(s) at all. It is a somewhat unfortunate effect of the evolution of open source software that published tutorials and projects fall out-of-date with respect to the "current" software; creating those is hard enough without needing to try to keep them up-to-date for a decade or more...