Arduino Phone

Hey everyone! Basically I took apart an old landline telephone set and I found that the connections for a button being down is made on this little pad with squiggly copper that is joined when something conductive touches it. I was wondering if theres a way of using an arduino to emulate a button press with these pads by soldering to them. I don't want to have to use a bunch of relays, if possible.

I also want to control audio input and output with a NodeMCU, if possible. Any guidance would be appreciated

Edit: If possible could I also power the arduino from inside the phone? I know the input voltages change when the phone is hung up or not so idk if this is plausible

Symphonic:
Hey everyone! Basically I took apart an old landline telephone set and I found that the connections for a button being down is made on this little pad with squiggly copper that is joined when something conductive touches it. I was wondering if theres a way of using an arduino to emulate a button press with these pads by soldering to them. I don't want to have to use a bunch of relays, if possible.

I also want to control audio input and output with a NodeMCU, if possible. Any guidance would be appreciated

Edit: If possible could I also power the arduino from inside the phone? I know the input voltages change when the phone is hung up or not so idk if this is plausible

Are you hinting that you wish to connect something you have made/modified to the land-line telephone system? If so, look at the criminal consequences to screwing up the public telephone system. Pick another project.

Paul

In a lot of places in the World you can only connect 'certified' equipment to public telephone networks.

The reasons for these restrictions are I would hope very clear for safety reasons alone ; engineers may be required to work on the telephone lines to correct faults.

Paul_KD7HB:
Are you hinting that you wish to connect something you have made/modified to the land-line telephone system? If so, look at the criminal consequences to screwing up the public telephone system. Pick another project.

Paul

srnet:
In a lot of places in the World you can only connect 'certified' equipment to public telephone networks.

The reasons for these restrictions are I would hope very clear for safety reasons alone ; engineers may be required to work on the telephone lines to correct faults.

This is going to be used on an intercom which is connected to the phone lines in an old building. I'm 99.9% sure it isnt connected to any public lines.

So, there is NO dial tone and NO ringing. Right?

Paul

Ah.. nevermind.