arduino pin volt?

Hi! can I ask anybody somethin about the volt in pin's output with arduino ? Some info pointing out every pins in output is 5V. But the pin sitting out output I detected by multimeter is 1.5v. When I use the piezo buzzer which sound is much low and I can nearly listen to it.

someone can give me a answer, please, thanks :)

Ok, I have a few questions: What board are you using? What is the input voltage to your board (or just USB)? If that multimeter reading from pin to ground? What is the reading over a component (eg, the buzzer)?

How have you done the code? It should include a pinmode command for output - often people miss this:

int digitalPin = 8;

pinMode(digitalPin, OUTPUT);

digitalWrite(digitalPin, HIGH);

Hope this helps,

Mowcius

thanks for your rely.

ya, I did not exactly said that, sorry.

I used solderless breadboard and linked USB with arduino. Furthermore, setting one pin’s output in HIGH that provide the buzzer to read.
Then, Using the multimeter detected the buzzer because it is too low to listen to it.

it’s a code:
[edit]int speakerPin = 5;

int val = 200;

void setup() {
pinMode(speakerPin, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {
digitalWrite(speakerPin, HIGH);
delayMicroseconds(val);
digitalWrite(speakerPin, LOW);
delayMicroseconds(val);

}
[/edit]

thanks for your rely.

ya, I did not exactly said that, sorry.

I used solderless breadboard and linked USB with arduino. Furthermore, setting one pin's output in HIGH that provide the buzzer to read. Then, Using the multimeter detected the buzzer because it is too low to listen to it.

it's a code: [edit]int speakerPin = 5;

int val = 200;

void setup() { pinMode(speakerPin, OUTPUT); }

void loop() { digitalWrite(speakerPin, HIGH); delayMicroseconds(val); digitalWrite(speakerPin, LOW); delayMicroseconds(val);

} [/edit]

Your pin is switching on and off 2500 times a second - an ordinary multimeter won't be able to measure this as a voltage. Disconnect the buzzer (what it the buzzer's rating?), set the pin to high and then measure the voltage.

But the pin sitting out output I detected by multimeter is 1.5v.

I think he tried that.

Have you tried just setting the pin high with your buzzer on constantly?

Mowcius

It's probably the buzzer taking too much current, most electromagnetic buzzers do. You need to drive it with a transistor. It is the same circuit you would use for driving a relay.

It's probably the buzzer taking too much current, most electromagnetic buzzers do. You need to drive it with a transistor. It is the same circuit you would use for driving a relay.

What he said ;D

Hide-hodie-everybodi -

Your pin is switching on and off 2500 times a second

Ehh?

200millis on 200millis off =400millis /cycle=2.5 /sec

Perhaps he changed the post

EDIT yep missed that-Learn many new things every day

Ehh?

200millis on 200millis off =400millis /cycle=2.5 /sec

200 [u]micro[/u] seconds

all the answer are those by who reply above. I appreciate. thanks. :slight_smile: