Arduino- PIR - fan help

I’m in desperate need of some assistance! I’m building a circuit thats completely self contained (solar panel, battery, Arduino, PIR sensor, and a fan) to flush geese off of my wheat fields. I know absolutely nothing about this kind of circuitry, but I am familiar with wiring stuff. I want to know if there is a way I can wire the Arduino board to have the entire right half of the board be “hot”. I also know nothing about writing codes. Can I have the Arduino’s left half of the breadboard be “hot” with the PIR sensor as a “gate” to the other side and once the sensor is tripped it activates the right side of the board so I could run the fan or whatever I’m going to plug it into? I tried uploading pictures, I’m not sure how it went though TIA

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

roosterkosburn: I want to know if there is a way I can wire the Arduino board to have the entire right half of the board be "hot".

What do you mean with this? To power the board?

roosterkosburn: I also know nothing about writing codes.

I'd start by doing the tutorials (blink a led, and so on).

The sensor seems a little undersized for a wheat field. It's really intended for a room size area. Similarly, how big is the fan?

The geese will go to spot in the wheat field. Once I can pattern their feeding I will place the sensor near the feeding spot.

mart256: What do you mean with this? To power the board? I have power to the board but I want to know if there is a way I can wire the entire right half of the breadboard to be able to freely plug in pins where ever I need to.

I don't fully understand. You want the PIR sensor to just activate a fan for some time? You don't need an Arduino for that. That PIR sensor can directly drive a transistor/mosfet>relay to turn on the fan. The PIR has a "time" adjuster that can be set between a few seconds and 7 minutes "on" time. The PIR has to be powered with 5volt. The relay/fan can be 12volt. Leo..

Wawa: I don't fully understand. You want the PIR sensor to just activate a fan for some time? You don't need an Arduino for that. That PIR sensor can directly drive a transistor/mosfet>relay to turn on the fan. The PIR has a "time" adjuster that can be set between a few seconds and 7 minutes "on" time. The PIR has to be powered with 5volt. The relay/fan can be 12volt. Leo..

Yes I want the PIR to activate the fan for a said time. How do I adjust the time on the PIR?

After a PM from the OP, I had a closer look at a PIR sensor.
My PIR sensor has an onboard 3.3volt regulator, so I suppose it can be powered from 12volt.
The output is 0volt idle, and 3.3volt when something is detected.
There is an onboard series resistor of 1k5 on the output, so you can connect it directly to the base of a transistor.
The transistor will get 1.5mA base current. Just enough for a BC547B to drive a small to medium size relay.
I have attached a crude drawing.
Leo…

relay_driver.jpg