Arduino Port not showing up (MAC)

Hello,

I recently purchased an Arduino board with a USB cable. I have connected the USB cable to my macbook and Arduino UNO but the port does not show up. My cable is supposed to be able to transfer data and power. When I plug in the Arduino only the power light and L light turn on (L light blinking). Uploading anything does not work. I have selected the correct Arduino board in tools but I cannot select the correct port.

Any suggestions?

I am using a Macbook pro running Yosemite 10.10.4

I have the Arduino IDE version 1.6.10

Make sure it's not just a recharging cable. See if data transfers work with the cable to other devices.

CrossRoads:
Make sure it's not just a recharging cable. See if data transfers work with the cable to other devices.

This is the cable I am using 10U2-02203-BK: Jameco Valuepro : Cable USB2.0 A/B 3 Feet Black USB-A Male To USB-B Male : Wire & Cable

I do not have any other devices to test it on unfortunately.

Looks like it should work.
I'm not a Mac user, you'll have to wait for someone else to jump in.
Did you check to see if you have a driver installed for the USB/Serial chip on your board?
Is it CH340 (clone board) or Atmel Atmega16U2 (real board)?

CrossRoads:
Looks like it should work.
I'm not a Mac user, you'll have to wait for someone else to jump in.
Did you check to see if you have a driver installed for the USB/Serial chip on your board?
Is it CH340 (clone board) or Atmel Atmega16U2 (real board)?

I have the real board but where can I find drivers for it? I tried to download CH340 drivers just incase and nothing changed. I cant seem to find the real board drivers though.