Arduino Powered RC Sailboat

Would it be feasible to build nice wooden sail boats with cloth sails and the finest details AND incorporate the arduino uno + motor shield + battery? Think of the possibilities one could add to the boat…a cannon, a laser pointing 50ft in front of the boat to the water, led light show. Maybe a couple arduino’s because the sketches will be too big. I’ve seen old fogies playing with their RC sailboats down in Maryland. I bet they paid big money for their boats by one or two guys around.

Do a search on ArduBoat Sail

There are lots of people using the ArduPilot based on the AtMega etc for boats

encryptor:
Would it be feasible to build nice wooden sail boats with cloth sails and the finest details

This is the really hard bit.

The rest of the stuff is easy - assuming the boat is big enough to hold the electronic equipment and keep it perfectly dry.

…R

I would need to pair with a someone skilled in woodworking and have their own equipment. Between the both of us, maybe a quest to build 1 or 2 and see if they sell. I'd have to have tight seals to make it waterproof. You think guys would buy these at a 1000% markup? I mean there would be a lot of time and effort building the boat and software. Then improve on the idea as we gain more experience.

encryptor: You think guys would buy these at a 1000% markup?

Sorry - this is not the "Marketing Model Sailboats" forum.

I suggest you first find your boatbuilder and see if you can interest him/her in adding value to his product with your programming knowledge.

...R