Arduino Pro Micro Not Turning On/Communicating with IDE

I purchased a set of three Arduino pro micro boards from here and decided to try them out.

I tear out the first one from it's packet and plug in into my computer. When I did this for the first time, I noticed that there was no LED turning on, which I assume is pretty standard for most boards when connected to a power source. To make things more worrisome, I noticed that the board was not appearing in the Port menu of the IDE. I tried the other two and they worked perfectly fine, they also appeared in the Port menu. Did my shipment come with a defective board, or am I missing something else?

Might just need reprogramming.

CrossRoads:
Might just need reprogramming.

Okay? Could you please elaborate?

The bootloader of the pro micro may be corrupted or the vendors didn't bootload it. You can burn the bootloader to the Arduino pro mico using any other Arduino or use the working pro micro to burn the bootloader to the defected one. Anyway, here is a tutorial to burn the bootloader check this out and try it, let's hope it may be the problem after reflashing, if the problem still persists, the exact problem will be something else. Anyway give it a try

Thanks, Akash

m_k_akash:
The bootloader of the pro micro may be corrupted or the vendors didn't bootload it. You can burn the bootloader to the Arduino pro mico using any other Arduino or use the working pro micro to burn the bootloader to the defected one. Anyway, here is a tutorial to burn the bootloader check this out and try it, let's hope it may be the problem after reflashing, if the problem still persists, the exact problem will be something else. Anyway give it a try

Thanks, Akash

Still not connecting even after boot loading. At least I now know it's a micro USB issue, since the UNO is successfully powering the chip. I'm not gonna mess with that though. Shame.

It could be a USB connection issue or a issue with your board. Try burning a bootloader to it and see if it appears in the port menu. If it doesn't, then the problem is with the PCB of that board or the USB connection.

.. Arnav