arduino pro mini + 3.7Volts 18650 battery + 5Volts Led strip

Hi!

I am working on a project where I am driving 5volts led strips with 3.7volts batteries.

I bought an arduino pro mini 328, 8mhz, 3.3volts, just to realize that it doesnt have a 5volts output that I could use to feed the led strip, and using a digital output with its 40ma limit is not possible.

So I realized that for feeding the led strip, I would need an arduino pro mini 5volts, but I still would like to use 3.7Volts 18650 batteries for this project.

So then, my question arises: I have used L7805 Voltage Regulator in the past to bring down 12volts to 5volts. I do not know much about these electronic components, so I would like to know if there is a voltage regulator capable to regulate 3.7volts into the 5volts I would need for an arduino pro mini 5volts.

thanks for sharing!

would like to know if there is a voltage regulator capable to regulate 3.7volts into the 5volts

Not a regulator as such because they can only regulate the output voltage to a lower voltage then the input. There are such things as boost converters that can output a DC voltage higher than the DC input but the current available is usually quite limited.

A search on Ebay should turn up plenty of such devices.

How much current do you need? This one, NOT on e-bay, will provide 1.2A https://www.pololu.com/product/2564

thanks guys!

I do not need much. 360ma

thanks for the info!