Arduino Pro Mini Clone: Can't upload code

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I’m new to arduino and electronics, so I hope I’ll be able to find some help here.

I bought this Arduino Pro Mini clone on Amazon, which I need for a project I need to be as compact as possible:

With it, I bought an FTDI Breakout Adapter (still from Amazon) since I’ve seen some YouTubers use it for their project with their Arduino Pro Mini:

For some reason tho, when I try to upload a sketch on it, it keeps saying “I’m loading…” endlessly.

I tried connecting the FTDI in various ways, chaning some options on the software, but still nothing… :frowning:

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance!

• Samuel

Where does it say "I'm loading"? Are you using the Arduino IDE or some other program?

Do not connect anything to digital pin 1 & 0 while uploading the sketch (because they are the TX & RX pins).

Bit difficult on the pro micro :wink: The ftdi cable needs to be connected to those pins :slight_smile:

pert:
Where does it say "I'm loading"? Are you using the Arduino IDE or some other program?

It's the Italian translation to "Loading Sketch" in the Arduino IDE.

In that case, OP should enable verbose output during upload in file → preferences in the IDE and post the output here.